Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wedding Table Numbers

A few months ago, I added wedding table numbers to my Etsy shop.  They have been fun to make and a pretty big hit actually. So far I've sold 10 sets with the dictionary pages.  One of those was for 40 table numbers! 
 I use "random" vintage dictionary pages on the background.  It's proving to be a bit more difficult than I first thought.  I choose a page by random but then I scan the words to make sure they are "wedding appropriate".  I figured that words like "affair", "divorce" and "argument" should probably be avoided.
 Other sad words like "barren", "morbid" or "tragedy" probably wouldn't be so nice.  And then there are things that I personally wouldn't want to see as I sit down at a wedding reception such as "earthworm" "diseased" or "fungus".
Other than avoiding certain words - which usually come in the middle of some beautiful words - I've had fun making these table number tags.  I'm planning on expanding the dictionary tags to other types of books as well.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, such an interesting thought process! Although it might be a bit time consuming, censoring the words is a very good idea and shows the sensitivity you have to such things. I always have loved these tags of yours, by the way.

    ReplyDelete