Monday, January 31, 2011

The Simple Woman's Day Book


You too can join the Simple Woman's Day Book here

Outside my window...It's cold, cloudy and getting ready to rain. The weather forecast is calling for ice tonight and early tomorrow morning. That will make it a hazardous night for John who is working midnights this week.

I am thinking... that I've not been very successful with this blog. At least I'm doing the day book on a weekly basis. That is a start.

I am thankful for... modern technology. I love being able to text my children who are so far away.

From the learning rooms...
Holly began notebooking science on Monday. The first chapter is on Oceans. Today we learned about Lt. Matthew Maury, The Pathfinder of the Seas." We found out by doing some research online that there is a monument of him here in town! So we drove by there this afternoon. (See picture below.)


From the kitchen... We had Beef Stroganoff for dinner. A "new to us" easy favorite.

I am wearing... Jeans, green top and my warm, comfy and obviously favorite State Police sweatshirt.


I am creating... an organized coupon file! Or at least that's what I plan on doing this evening.

I am going...
to get my haircut on Saturday! It's long over due.


I am reading...
Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin. One doesn't get very far when they only read once a week.

I am praying... for ways to pay off bills. College is expensive.


I am hoping...
for spring!


I am hearing...
Glenn Beck on the television.


Around the house...
The house is fairly clean. Seems easier to keep it that way with only three of us living here. Our bedroom needs some serious work. One of these days. . .


One of my favorite things...
Reading aloud. We've sadly gotten out of the habit with teens working and miscellaneous activities. Holly and I are taking turns reading Where the Red Fern Grows. It's part of her language arts curriculum so we can't read as much as I'd like each day. But we're still enjoying it very much.


A few plans for the rest of the week:
I am now playing the clarinet in our church orchestra. I haven't played for DECADES! So that means lots of practicing for me.
The week is almost gone! I started this post on Monday but life got busy!


Here is a picture I am sharing: This is Holly at the monument downtown. Matthew Maury - The Pathfinder of the Seas.


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi (smile) I enjoyed reading your daybook ~ I've been working my way through Going Rogue too ;-) Have a great weekend ~ Blessings, EMichelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that my kids are older we don't read out loud anymore but it was a favorite family activity we used to do right after supper. ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Going Rogue last year. I thought it was interesting.

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found you on blogfrog and I am your new follower, please visit and follow my blogs!

    http://www.swvaautismsupport.blogspot.com/
    http://www.privettblog.blogspot.com
    http://www.preemiedays1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete