Thursday, July 9, 2009

Be Strong in the Lord

Last night at church our pastor talked about being strong in the Lord. He mentioned what should have been obvious to me but had somehow escaped lodging in my long term memory bank."Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." This verse found in Ephesians 6:10 is a command. It is not an option, not something we hope to achieve someday. We are to be strong in the Lord - right now.

There have been many times in my life where I have been strong. However, these past two years I feel as if I have been struggling; stumbling upon confusion, uncertainty, even doubt. Too often, I have tried to fight my battles with my own, inadequate strength. Forgetting, or choosing not to remember, that God is the One who will fight the battles for me.

Thank you, Pastor, for the reminder. Thank you, Lord, for your mercies that are new every morning. Thank you that I can pick up the sword once again and face the enemy with Your strength, not mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I found your site by accident and thought I'd say "hi." I am also from a Woodward family (very large). I am the last of 13 children and now we have over 90 in our immediate family. We are probably not related, since my family roots are from up north (New York), but my Mom said my father (the Woodward side, obviously) does have some family roots from Virginia. Don't know anything about them, though. We are Christians as well and I have a brother Jon. Nice blog! Sarah (Woodward) McCollum - Tennessee

    ReplyDelete