Thursday, July 28, 2011

Call Me Crazy

Holly is still away at camp. This year they have a new program where they can choose from several "classes" like archery and hiking. I heard from one of the other kid's mom that ALL of our group chose to do arts and crafts in order to escape the heat! Who can blame them in this oppressive suffocating weather. It's supposed to be 96 there today with a heat index of 105.

Today John is going on his own adventure. He is going with a good friend of his to Pensacola to visit with Gabriel and Hannah. I know that many of you think that I am CRAZY not to go and see my kids but let me explain. First of all, I have my own trip planned to fly down in October. Second, on short trips like this, it's easier to not take the whole family. John will be able to spend more individual time with them. Plus there is a major factor that some John's days off are while Holly is still at camp. Finally, and might I add mainly, it's JULY. I do not want to be walking around the college campus in this scorching heat. I melt. I get raging headaches. It wouldn't be an enjoyable time. So I am staying home. I enjoy these rare moments when I have some time to myself. I have a lengthy to-do list and hope to get a portion of it accomplished before Holly arrives at home tomorrow night. What do you do when you're home alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment