Monday, July 25, 2011

The Long Awaited Week

The long awaited week has arrived. Holly is now in a van full of kids on a 7 hour trek to camp. She loves any and all youth activities whether it's simply Sunday School, a Friday night time of fun at the youth leader's house or the mega event of the year known as camp. Taking a long ride in a noisy vehicle just to march around a campground in hot sweaty weather and then sleep on uncomfortable beds is not my idea of vacation. Not to mention camp food! But the teens love it. And I love hearing all the stories on Friday night when they return.

Meanwhile, I have plans of my own for the week. Here is a list of a few of my goals:

1. Unpack the boxes that are patiently waiting their turn in the den- such a never-ending job!
2. Pray for Holly
3. Homeschool planning
4. Purchase science and history books at ABeka materials display on Thrusday
5. Wonder what Holly is doing
4. Blog (like I'm doing right now!)
5. Read - I'm not sure what yet. Trying to read non-fiction this year.
6. Remind myself that the LORD is Holly's Shepherd too and the He loves her more than I do.

If you are one of the two or three people who read my blog, please pray for Holly and the other teens at camp. Pray for their physical health and protection, safety as they travel and that God will work in their hearts and lives. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great blog post. I enjoyed reading it. Nice to learn what my wife is doing. Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete